How Bad-Looking Flooring Hurts Your Business
Maintaining a clean and welcoming establishment is crucial to attracting and keeping customers. Bad or old flooring might convince them that you don’t take pride in your services or the goods you provide.
Many people may not often notice what’s beneath their feet. However, a floor often endures heavy foot traffic. It’s considered to be the dirtiest part of most buildings. Dirt, dust, and debris can eventually diminish its shiny appearance. A dirty or old floor can hurt your business in various ways:
- Creates Bad Impression – Customers may think that your office or company does not prioritize cleanliness. They may walk away with an uneasy feeling and be reluctant to do business with you.
- Affects Employees’ Health – Floors can harbour germs and bacteria. Dirty floors encourage rapid bacteria growth. Employees who spend long hours working in the office may develop allergies, colds, and illness when they breathe in mould spores or other bacterial elements.
- Lesser Productivity – Unhealthy employees are less productive when they do not have the energy to perform tasks. Sick leave affects productivity and your bottom line. Repeated, chronic illness might also affect insurance plan costs for your staff.
- Affects Your Brand Image – As a business, you have to protect your brand. Keep in mind that your customers, suppliers, and prospective investors visit your establishment and its appearance makes an impression.
- Reduced Revenue – The appearance of your floor directly affects customers’ overall experience. Walking across cracked, uneven, or simply dirty/stained flooring does not translate into revenue — customers will be reluctant to spend their money with a company that doesn’t take pride in its appearance.
Polished Concrete for Commercial Flooring
Commercial floors experience a great deal of wear and tear. However, you do not have to invest in expensive flooring to enhance the appearance of showroom or office. Polishing an average concrete floor brings various benefits to your business, including:
- Easy Maintenance – Unlike other types of flooring, polished concrete simply requires regular cleaning with water to keep it looking good for years. Additionally, a polished concrete floor has a harder surface which resists scratches.
- Cost-Effective – Polished concrete is an affordable option for businesses who do not wish to suffer downtime while they replace hardwood, tile, or carpet. This type of flooring lasts longer and does not require frequent replacement.
- Easy-to-Clean – Routine cleaning for polished concrete simply involves mopping using a microfibre pad and cleaning solution to remove additional dust and dirt.
- Design choices – Today’s polished concrete coatings come in various colours, adding more character, light, and shine to the room.
The quality and appearance of your flooring is an important financial decision. Polished concrete is also an environmentally-friendly choice.
Concrete Epoxy 101 provides superior concrete polishing and protective coatings in the Toronto area to keep your commercial flooring looking great for years. Call us at (416) 838-5188 to get a quote or use our online contact form.
Related article: How to Choose an Industrial Flooring Contractor