Five Reasons Why Your Space Needs Concrete Floor Polishing
Polished concrete floors are rapidly becoming a popular flooring option for residential, commercial, and industrial spaces. This type of surface has a competitive advantage over other varieties of floors and provides both aesthetic value and reduced cost.
Consider these five reasons why polished concrete might be right for you:
- Less expensive – Epoxy floor coatings and polished concrete both offer a low cost option for anyone who wants a durable, beautiful look at an affordable price. Other flooring options are not as sustainable. Linoleum, ceramic tile, and vinyl flooring are all prone to wear and tear. Polished concrete floors last decades, sometimes even a lifetime.
- Increased cleanliness – Concrete floor polishing improves walkability and safety — and it’s easy to clean. This treatment leaves your surface resistant to liquids and compounds that may come in contact with them. The result? A cleaner, slip-free floor.
- Ease of maintenance – Regular sweeping and mopping are relatively effortless, and preserve the high gloss. Sometimes only water is needed to remove dust and debris, allowing for quick cleanup and removing the need for smelly or toxic chemicals in your home or work space.
- Impressive appearance – The smooth look of the floor instantly gives any room an aesthetic boost, adding finesse and an air of sophistication. High-gloss flooring also effectively reflects light throughout the space — ideal for hotels, theatres, museums, and large homes. Impressively polished floors can increase illumination in rooms by 30 percent.
- Environment-friendly – Polishing concrete floors doesn’t require chemicals that are hazardous to humans and pets. These surfaces are also mould-, mildew-, and allergen-resistant. Their reflective qualities allow you to save on energy consumption and reduce your carbon footprint.
Rather than choosing the same old, costly flooring choices of hardwood and carpeting, and then regretting that choice the second you get a stain or scratch, consider high quality, durable concrete polishing (or epoxy coating). You’ll be pleasantly surprised.
If you’d like to learn more about the benefits of polished concrete floors and how they can add beauty and value to your property, call Concrete Epoxy 101 at (416) 838-5188. We deliver quality concrete polishing services to the Greater Toronto Area.
Related article: Why Epoxy and Polished Concrete Flooring Are Ideal for Kitchens