Concrete Epoxy 101 provides floor coating services for commercial buildings and residences. Having concrete floors coated or polished helps make rooms brighter and improves the durability of the surface. If your business, restaurant, hotel, or industrial shop has heavy foot traffic, consider epoxy flooring in Richmond Hill to make your floors last longer.
Epoxy Floor Advantages for Richmond Hill Homes and Commercial Buildings
Epoxy flooring beautifies floors and makes them longer-lasting. Having an epoxy floor offers advantages including:
- Improved safety – Epoxy floor coating creates a floor surface that is slip-, impact-, and heat-resistant. Tight sealing prevents moisture and makes them impervious to germs. This feature makes an epoxy floor perfect for medical facilities and food production. The shiny gloss improves visibility by reflecting light (especially important for garages and industrial workplaces).
- Ease of cleaning – The floor treatment leaves your floor non-porous and resistant to fluids that can cause stains (oil, bleach, transmission fluid, etc.). Your floors can be easily wiped clean of any spills, dirt and debris without any damage to the coating.
- A wide array of colours – Epoxy flooring for Richmond Hill properties provides a high-gloss shine that comes in a variety of colours. Select among colours that complement your design. You can also colour certain floor areas to designate spaces and direct traffic (e.g. directing forklift operators in factories).
- Efficiency – The brightness of an epoxy-treated floor can help reflect both outdoor and indoor light, reducing hydro costs (and your energy usage). The floors are easily rinsed with water, saving you money on cleaning services and negating the use of toxic chemicals in your space.
- Increased productivity – Epoxy treating makes floors more durable, reducing wear and tear and is easier on tires that are driven or parked on the surface. The durability is unsurpassed and saves you money on both floor repairs and part replacement for vehicles.
- Cost-efficiency – You can expect epoxy flooring to last a long time without replacement or maintenance concerns. Unlike carpeting and tile, which require constant upkeep to remedy stains and cracks, epoxy is laid to last. The treatment can also be applied quickly, causing little disruption to your home or businesses.
Benefits of Epoxy on a Basement and Bathroom Floor in Richmond Hill
Adding epoxy to a basement or bathroom floor can improve these areas in multiple ways.
- Epoxy floor coating acts as a sealant, enhancing the resistance of concrete to the formation of cracks and lines. It protects concrete basement and bathroom floors from damage due to moist humidity, preserving the structural integrity of the home.
- Easy to clean and maintain, a simple run through with a mop and soapy water will get it sparkling clean in no-time.
- Its moisture resistance and minimal cleaning needs can help make areas cleaner and drier while preventing musty odours.
- Bathrooms can be especially slippery, which can result in slip and fall accidents. Because of its non-slip property, epoxy can minimize the risk of injury due to slipping, making it a safe option for homes and industrial workspaces alike.
Epoxy Floor Cost in Richmond Hill
The short-term and long-term costs of an epoxy floor are significantly less than expenses for tiles and other materials. While cheaper does not always mean better, the opposite is often true for epoxy. The higher durability of epoxy floors allows it to last longer than tiles, which are fragile and susceptible to chipping and cracking. Maintenance does not include grout cleaning. It requires little care while keeping its aesthetic.
Installation prices are determined by the following factors:
- Area size
- Material (resin type)
- Amount of traffic
- Application (residential, commercial, or industrial)
- Work duration
To get the most out of your floors, call Concrete Epoxy 101 to talk about epoxy flooring in Richmond Hill. With our top-notch epoxy floor service, you can expect surface longevity and ease of maintenance. Call us today at (416) 838-5188 for a consultation.