Polished concrete floors are a more cost-effective and eco-friendly alternative to other flooring options like hardwood or ceramic tiles. Apart from its resistance to wear, concrete floors, when polished, can enhance the aesthetics of your residential or commercial space. Concrete Epoxy 101 offers concrete polishing in Vaughan for long-lasting floors with a beautiful lustre that can benefit an establishment in various ways:
Advantages of Concrete Floor Polishing
- Low Maintenance – The surfaces of polished concrete floors are tightly condensed, decreasing the risk of stains and eliminating the need to wax, strip, or varnish the surface. Maintenance involves a weekly run-through with a mop and pH neutral soapy water.
- Durability – Concrete is inherently durable and can last decades. Polishing protects the material from potentially harmful elements, like stains and moisture. With the proper maintenance, polished concrete flooring can weather the abuse of the heaviest foot traffic and may last a lifetime.
- Moisture and Stain Resistance – The porous composition of concrete makes it susceptible to stain-causing substances like oils and chemical compounds. Concrete Epoxy 101 utilizes concrete polishing treatments and hardeners to shield the floor surface from moisture and stains while prolonging its lifespan.
- Cost-Effectiveness – Because of its durability and ease of care and maintenance, polished concrete floors can save you a significant amount of time, effort, and cost for upkeep. For commercial establishments, the service requires minimal production downtime, protecting you from loss of income due to prolonged renovations.
- Enhanced Lustre and Indoor Lighting – Polishing adds a sheen and brilliance to concrete for improved indoor lighting that maximizes the use and energy consumption of existing lighting fixtures. Concrete polishing provided by Concrete Epoxy 101 generates and preserves a stylish appearance with minimal upkeep and cost.
- Improved Slip Resistance – Despite its liquid-like gleam, polished concrete is not slippery and, in fact, provides better traction than regular, unpolished concrete. Improved slip resistance reduces the risk of slips and falls, enhancing the safety of the establishment.
- Environmentally Friendly – Concrete can function both as the foundation and the floor surface. It does away with the need to install other flooring elements and raw materials that can lead to waste. Content Epoxy 101 also uses materials free of VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds). It is safe for the environment and the health of those in the building.
Polishing for Concrete Floor Basement, Kitchen, and Other Areas
Various surfaces, from the bedroom to the garage, can benefit from the polished concrete flooring. Whether you’re building a new home or commercial establishment or making over existing concrete flooring, a polished concrete floor surface is a more cost-effective and sound option.
- Basement – Basements can be dark, and low visibility can lead to accidents, especially if it’s used as a stockroom. The high reflectivity of polished concrete can brighten this area without having to spend more on lighting fixtures. The moisture resistance of polished concrete will protect your possessions from damage due to humidity and (in case of flooding) help maintain the structural integrity of your home or shop.
- Kitchen – Kitchen floors are prone to everyday spillage. Condiments and grease can work their way into tile grout and cause damage, requiring constant cleaning and maintenance. With polished concrete, cleanup is a cinch. Additionally, it is stain- and moisture-resistant, so its aesthetics and stability can easily be preserved.
- Work Station – Whether you’re working with metals, wood, or everyday old arts and crafts, the work area tends to get messy. Polished concrete is easy to clean and can withstand the impact of heavy tools. This makes it an excellent material for both your workroom floor and countertops.
- Bathroom – Polished concrete flooring can work in a bathroom as well as ceramic tiles. Grinding and the right type of treatment can help prevent moisture migration, making it a reliable option for environments regularly exposed to water. Additionally, grinding and polishing concrete can increase traction, reducing the risk for slippage.
Your Trusted Provider of Reliable Concrete Floor Finishes
Concrete Epoxy 101 will transform your concrete floor surfaces into a brilliant and beautifully crafted work of art that can withstand the test of time and the heaviest foot traffic. Call us today at (416) 838-5188 for a consultation regarding concrete polishing in Vaughan.